About the Business
Located in Macquarie Park, we have a reputation for providing an exceptional service. We are a national practice with presence in VIC and NSW.
We pride ourselves on re-investing in our staff development and training both at a business and personal level.
We provide taxation and business advisory services to a broad client base.
This growing firm is looking to take on an ambitious junior accountant - hungry for career progression.
The firm offers a full suite of accounting & financial planning services to a range of clients including; SME's, Family Groups & some large corporates.
In this role you will have the opportunity to work closely with highly experienced Managers and Partners. While also enjoying a social and friendly team environment.
Perks include: regular social events, a relaxed but modern office environment, training & development support and opportunity to work close to home!
Key duties include:
- Developing and maintaining a range of client relationships
- Preparing financial statements
- Journal entries and reconciling bank and balance sheet accounts
- Preparing tax returns for individuals, companies, trusts, partnerships & SMSFs
- Preparing Business Activity Statements/ IAS
- Tax compliance work
- Bookkeeping for clients using XERO
- Administrative day to day tasks for clients
- Liaising with various government agencies
- Maintain and update ASIC records
- Other ad-hoc duties as required
- Accounts Payable & Accounts Receivable.
The ideal candidate:
- Have a minimum of 1-2 years relevant accounting experience
- Possess exceptional communication & interpersonal skills
- fast learner, multi-tasking, ability to work towards deadlines and time management skills
- Willingness to learn & develop
- High Accuracy and attention to detail
- Entry level accounting role
- Intermediate/high skills in XERO, MS Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Ability to work autonomously and can solve problem independently.
- Tertiary qualifications & degree