This is a new and exciting two-year program starting in early 2020 for graduates to be part of an organisation who are making a positive difference in the lives of Queenslanders.
Who we are:
WorkCover Queensland have been providing workers' compensation insurance in Queensland since 1997. We are committed to making a positive difference to people’s lives. Our purpose is simple: we partner with and support our customers to keep Queenslanders working. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do. We aim to understand our customers deeply to deliver valued experiences and tailored solutions. Our people are connected to purpose and we’re creating an environment that inspires them to make a difference.
The opportunity and program:
Coming in 2020, we are excited to open this opportunity for recent and upcoming graduates. Our program consists of four rotations, each with a duration of 6 months.
While you won’t be hands on with patients or clients providing services, you will have the opportunity to apply your knowledge and skills to the programs and practices that help our injured workers and employers through the claim and return to work journey. You will also be involved in projects that are improving the way we support our customers.
You will also have the opportunity to:
- Grow your experience and understanding of return to work, injury management, stakeholder relationships and business engagement projects through 3 different 6 month rotations
- Choose your own final rotation to align with your personal/professional career objectives
- Access a fantastic support network of a manager, buddies, mentors and learning facilitators
- Create a tailored development plan with the guidance of a Learning and Development specialist
- Develop your technical knowledge, customer and stakeholder engagement skills as well as interpersonal and leadership capabilities, both on-the-job and through formal training
- Bachelor's degree (completed in 2019 or recent graduates since 2018) in one of the following disciplines:
- Exercise and Sports Sciences
- Exercise Physiology
- Occupational Therapy
- Rehabilitation counselling
- Social work
- Occupational health and safety
- Demonstrated passion or interest to work in a customer and people focussed industry
- Strong critical-thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build and maintain strong relationships at all levels of the business
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly in a changing environment
- Citizenship or permanent residency of Australia or New Zealand
Application and selection process:
- Application to include your CV and cover letter
The cover letter should include the following:
- Share some of your story, tell us about your strengths and any areas you want to grow and develop.
- Tell us what you have done throughout your studies or your personal time to make a positive difference in the lives of others.
- We also want to know why you think the WorkCover graduate program could be the right one for you.
- Video interview
- Psychometric testing and background checks
- Group assessment
- Face to face interview
- Commencement January / February 2020.
Benefits for you:
There is so much that makes WorkCover Queensland a great place to work. Our aim is to focus on supporting and encouraging healthy habits, both in and outside the workplace. The purpose of WorkCover’s health and wellbeing strategy is to influence our people to change their lives to be happier, healthier and to spread the education amongst our community. We also offer the following:
- Industry competitive graduate salary
- A generous superannuation scheme, including co-contribution
- Study assistance, with applications for both financial and leave assistance
- Flexible work options such as additional leave time accruals, part-time arrangements, half pay annual leave and additional annual leave available for purchase
- An office in the heart of Brisbane CBD, close to great shopping, delicious eateries, public transport and everything the city has to offer
- Confidential and free employee assistance program offering 24 hour support for our people and their families
- Open offices with break-out areas and outdoor lunch spots
- Plus many other perks
We live and breathe our values of excellence, integrity, responsiveness and respect. We have an incredible culture driven by employee engagement and talented individuals working together as one team to truly make a difference. We’re in a unique position where we’ve mastered the art of successfully balancing government and corporate agendas to achieve some pretty amazing things, and this is just the beginning.
As an equal opportunity employer, WorkCover Queensland is committed to reflecting the diversity of the communities we serve. We support eligible applications from people representing all diversity groups and ages such as Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, LGBTI, people with disabilities, religious beliefs, and ethnicity.
Applications close Monday 11th November, 10am