ABOUT THE SYDNEY OPERA HOUSE
The Sydney Opera House is an iconic Australian institution that embodies beauty, inspiration and the liberating power of art and ideas.
Our vision is to be as bold and inspiring as the Opera House itself.
Our mission is twofold:
- To treasure and renew the Opera House for future generations of artists, audiences and visitors; and
- To inspire, and strengthen the community, through everything we do.
For more information about the Sydney Opera House please refer to our website.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This position is responsible to provide administration services for the Building portfolio including secretarial support, procurement, administration tasks, clerical, information and documentation management and data entry which support the effective and efficient operation of the department and portfolio in achieving the strategic goals and objectives.
Further more detailed information about the role and its requirements can be obtained from the role description.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Proven skills and experience providing an administrative support service in a complex and high volume environment. Ability to demonstrate experience in a combination of the following: office administration, basic business management, executive / personal assistance, customer service centre support, projects coordination, office reception, high volume electronic and paper based document management, and preparation of monthly project report and newsletters.
- Significant experience in working with a procurement system similar to IPOS (Internet Purchasing Ordering System) for raising purchase order and payment of invoices.
- High level written and oral communication and interpersonal skills, including strong business writing ability and experience in preparing presentations.
- Experience in contract and tender documentation process, and maintaining contracts register and bank guarantees.
- Highly competent keyboard skills with demonstrated experience in the use of Microsoft Office computer application (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint). Preferred experience in contracts management software (Aconex) and record management databases.
- Demonstrated exceptional skills, experience and focus in establishing an excellent culture of customer service.
- High levels of initiative, prioritisation, organisational and time management skills, with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants are asked to include an up to date resume of no more than five pages which clearly details your relevant skills and experience and how they relate to the requirements and capabilities for the role. Applicants are also asked to address their suitability in a covering letter of no more than two pages addressing the following two targeted questions:
- What do you consider to be your administrative strengths
- Have you any experience working with software systems used for purchasing of materials, records management and Aconex document & information management system
Sydney Opera House welcomes applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from diverse cultural backgrounds and people with disability.
To be eligible to apply for this position, applicants must have existing Australian work rights.
Applications will not be accepted from recruitment agencies.
Any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory National Police Check and Pre-Employment Health Assessment .
Job Status: Full-time, Ongoing
Position No: SOH1514
Salary: Base salary of $64,144 per annum, plus 9.5% superannuation contributions.