Viridis Australasia - Kelvin Grove, Queensland
Viridis is a leading sustainability and environmental consultancy operating for over 14 years. We are driving the shift towards sustainability in the built environment delivering high quality advice, project management, training and corporate change support.
Sustainability Engineer Position Description
Position title: Sustainability Engineer
Reports to: Head of Sustainability
Employment type: Permanent - Full time
Primary Work location: Brisbane or Canberra
Staff members reporting: None
Award: Professional Employees
Grade: Level 2 (3 to 5 years of experience)
Viridis is looking for a confident professional to be our primary I.E.S. modeller as well as contribute to and expand into areas including health, wellness, climate resilience and the UN Sustainability Development Goals.
The sustainability engineer takes a lead role in delivering sustainable and low-energy design projects in the built environment. The role demands an understanding of engineering in relation to energy, infrastructure, air quality, comfort, lighting, glare and the effects of carbon emissions.
- Identify and document feasible sustainable design concepts according to the project brief
- Manage client projects and keep them up-to-date on progress
- Keep up-to-date with the latest development in procedures and systems for building assessments and industry knowledge, including standards and materials
- Use I.E.S. and other tools to create predictive operational models to be applied to NABERS, Greenstar and NCC Section J.
- Collect and collate qualitative and quantitative data to help communicate and support your sustainable proposals.
- Write reports and respond to project queries.
- Actively participate in project team meetings (involving clients, architects, engineers, builders and contractors) and in negotiations for optimum project pathways and outcomes.
Key Qualifications, Skills & Requirements:
- Qualifications (relevant)
- Strong technical building services and faade knowledge
- Good understanding of low-carbon building solutions
- Good report writing skills
- Strong communication and project management capabilities
- Sound knowledge of thermal and energy modelling and life cycle assessment tools
- Good understanding of the circular economys impact on sustainable engineering.
Closing date: 9 am (Brisbane) Monday 18 November 2019