Values-based organisation within a feminist and social justice framework, Not-for-profit salary packaging options and an employee assistance program, 30-38 Hours per week 12 month fixed term contract with opportunity to extend.
When talented people with purpose come together, we make a difference! YWCA Canberra is looking for two communication professionals to join our Communication Advocacy and Engagement Team.
We are a diverse and highly skilled bunch, made up of event producers, writers, creators, communicators, partnership brokers, fundraisers, advocates and policy nerds. We are dedicated to listening to our clients and customers, acting on evidence, and getting the right content to the right people to make a difference to our communities.
YWCA Canberra is a feminist not-for-profit organisation that has provided community services and represented womens issues in Canberra since 1929.
YWCA Canberra provides essential, quality services for women, girls and families in the ACT and surrounding regions. We work in the areas of childrens services, community development, homelessness and affordable housing, youth services, personal and professional training, womens leadership and advocacy.
Through its national Affiliate Association with YWCA Australia, YWCA Canberra is part of the World YWCA network, which connects 120 countries across the globe.
YWCA Canberras mission is We strengthen communities by supporting girls and women through our services and advocacy.
About the Role
Supported by a team of communication professionals, the Digital Content Producer plays a key role in maintaining and enhancing YWCA Canberras websites and online presence. This includes both the technical side of things as well as ensuring our content approach is effective, evidence-based and audience-focused.
Reporting to the Senior Manager Communications, Advocacy and Engagement (SMCAE), you will be a part of a friendly and highly skilled team. YWCA Canberra is an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality and offers flexibility, professional development and the opportunity to be a part of one of the ACTs longest standing for purpose organisations.
Benefits include not-for-profit salary packaging options and an employee assistance program. Our office is a two-minute walk from the Alinga St Lightrail station and a host of cafes, restaurants and shops.
YWCA Canberra also marks Aboriginal dates of significance, such as NAIDOC Week and National Reconciliation Week, as part of our RAP commitments. The Digital Content Producer role is offered at 30 or 38 hours per week, on a 12 month fixed term contract with the opportunity of extension after six months.
The successful candidate will have:
- A graduate qualification in communications, marketing, graphic design, digital or other related discipline
- At least four years experience in a similar level role
- Demonstrated technical website development and maintenance experience, particularly with Wordpress websites, including coding and data management.
- Demonstrated graphic design experience, using Adobe Creative Suite and Canva
Experience in developing and creating user-centric digital content for a range of products, channels and platforms
The successful applicant will be experienced in project management, content strategy and understanding of user experience, including experience inputting into the development of personas, user journeys and audience segmentation models.
Additionally, you will be able to demonstrate ability to:
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to maintain and enhance YWCA Canberras digital presence, which may include the redevelopment of existing websites or leading the development of new websites
- Work closely with the Senior Manager of Communication, Advocacy and Engagement (SMCAE) and other teams at YWCA Canberra to define the digital content needs of the organisation
- Plan, shoot and edit high quality video content to engage internal and external audiences
- Design and develop pieces of visual communication using Adobe Creative Suite
- Collaborate and share knowledge with the broader Communication, Advocacy and Engagement team to ensure best practice communication is maintained across all channels
- Work with the SMCAE and other Managers to deliver on communication plans within agreed budgets and timeframes, to stakeholder satisfaction
- Input into the development of new organisational approaches to content delivery, events, communication and marketing more generally
- Advocate, align and communicate a customer and client-centric content model across YWCA Canberras channels
YWCA Canberra is committed to the safety of children and young people. As such, successful applicants will be required to participate fully in all child protection risk management recruitment processes and ongoing character checking and assessment processes.
Applications close Sunday 10 November 2019
YWCA Canberra is proud to be an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality, and offers above award wages and generous conditions through our innovative and progressive Enterprise Agreement.
YWCA Canberra is an equal opportunity employer. People from diverse backgrounds and with diverse life experiences are encouraged to apply. We specifically encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply.