About the business
This is an exciting opportunity to join a purposely designed small business, now in its 40th year, working at the cutting edge of information. Utilising the latest technology platforms, online channels and with clever search tools you will probe the Internet for what is not plain to see for most via powerful subscription databases and open source intelligence methods.
Decision Risks International provides bespoke research within a risk-based framework. This includes: specifically tailored research that supports key decisions to enter into a major corporate relationship, transaction or the engagement of key personnel. This can include due diligence or the backgrounding of individuals and corporations for many purposes. We also develop evidence to the highest forensic standard that can underpin criminal or civil action against those involved in financial crime, corruption, intellectual property abuse, employee misconduct and a range of commercial disputes.
Located in the Sydney CBD at Circular Quay, a terminus for bus, ferry, train and the new Sydney East Light Rail routes, we are looking for an individual who can rapidly develop their skills as a Researcher and Investigator.
About the role
- Exciting things happen in & because of this business
- We do really good work and feel great about our motive and the result delivered
- A new era of working with results for our clients
- Working with great information tools
- Ability to work from home or anywhere with flexibility
- We will invest in your training if you are committed
Previous work experience in a related role is not vital and is unlikely to add a lot to this position. You will need to undertake specialised and extensive training, which for the right individual we are prepared to make that investment. We are looking for someone wishing to start at the bottom of this field, but who has a strong urge to develop through hard work and perseverance.
The successful applicant will initially be engaged as a Trainee Researcher on a six (6) month probationary basis while they are being trained and assessed for long-term suitability. The successful applicant will be engaged in a casual capacity for the first month, which is entirely training based and paid at $25 p.h. inclusive of compulsory superannuation contributions. Afterwards you will be put onto a full time salary negotiated before you commence. At the end of the probation period, and if ongoing employment is confirmed, you will receive a salary increase and commence on a career trajectory with the rewards that come through greater responsibility and contribution to the business.
The role will involve:
- Programming, undertaking and completing assignments to locate relevant and accurate information about businesses and individuals, including corporate and reputational data.
- Discreetly sourcing accurate information from public and proprietary databases.
- Legally sourcing hard-to-find information, including reputational issues and information not on the public record, to build an extensive understanding of a business, individual, transaction, corporate structure or strategy.
- Compiling information into succinct reports that answer all of the client's issues and gives insight that exceeds their expectations.
- Completing all assignments within requisite timelines.
- Conducting inquiries on the Internet using deep web tools and search protocols to identify relevant information from social media sites, blogs, forums and websites.
- Locating individuals and assets anywhere in the world.
- Investigating instances of fraud, employee misconduct or theft of intellectual property.
- Compiling evidence detailing the findings of investigations that can be used in court.
Benefits and perks
After initial training in our office and then periodically as required, you will be encouraged to work from home, or anywhere suitable. Your hours are reasonably flexible as we encourage a life/work balance. If you need time off to attend to other things, no problem, just tell us and catch up any missed hours in the same week.
Skills and experience
Please read this section carefully and respond as requested.
You will need to possess and demonstrate to us:
- Proof of Australian citizenship or permanent residency status.
- Some knowledge of publicly available online information resources.
- A curious and inquiring mindset.
- Good problem solving.
- Enthusiasm for fact finding.
- Honesty, integrity and reliability.
- A willingness and ability to competently interview people over the phone.
- A highly-tuned attention to detail.
- Strong time-management skills.
- An ability to plan effectively.
- Sound verbal and written communication skills with an ability to present information in an informative, accurate and succinct way.
- A team-player attitude.
- Pride in your work product.
- The ability to work with limited supervision.
- Well-developed computer literacy including Microsoft Office, Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Internet applications.
- The ability to manage multiple tasks and concurrent priorities.
- That you have no recorded criminal history as it will be necessary for you to hold a specific license.
If you believe that you possess the above characteristics and skills and are genuinely looking for this position then please send us:
1) Your detailed resume or CV.
2) A separate covering letter outlining what key attributes you have making you suitable for this specific position and why we should hire you. It must be specifically addressed to us and drafted for this position. Proforma notes or generic cover letters not addressing the above will be rejected.
Applications Close: When a suitable candidate is identified and hired.
We will only contact those applicants who are short-listed and after certain preliminary background checks are conducted. Please DO NOT phone to inquire about the success or progress of your application as this will be grounds for us not progressing your application.