Leadership and management role, Overseeing programs and creating opportunities for innovation, Base salary + car + salary sacrifice.
Centre Against Domestic Abuse Inc. (CADA) is a not for profit community agency funded by the Queensland Government since 1992 to respond to adults and children whose lives have been impacted by domestic and family violence (DFV). CADA is the regional domestic and family violence service for Moreton Bay Region and provides a range of services including information, referral, crisis support, adult and children counselling, safety upgrade, DFV court assistance. As the Regional Domestic Violence Service CADA supports the local community responses to domestic and family violence issues, we work to create collaborative service responses through local domestic violence collaboration agency meetings, working closely with the local Domestic Violence Coordinated System Agency. We also actively lead early intervention and prevention strategies through various community education and awareness raising initiatives and events.
Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Due to the retirement of the current staff member, we are now seeking an experienced CEO to lead CADA into the future and manage day-to-day operations of CADA. The right candidate will have demonstrated skills in supporting and sustaining a positive organisational culture, through an inspirational and motivational leadership style. A key element of the role will be leading the service in line with CADA's strategic plan. The candidate will have demonstrated experience in building networks and relationships with key stakeholders both government and community agencies. This role will require experience in engaging, reporting to and working with a Board of Management.
Objective of the position:
The CEO is responsible for the overall effective and efficient management and ongoing development of the Centre Against Domestic Abuse.
The CEO is responsible for:
- leading the implementation of CADAs vision, strategic priorities and direction
- overseeing delivery of an effective and innovative service,
- Ensure accountable management of services within the objectives and philosophy of CADA Inc.
Position is primarily based in the Caboolture Office but will be required to attend other CADA designated locations within the Moreton Bay Region & Kilcoy District as needed.
Status of Employment:
6 months probation
Position subject to funding
Level 8 "Social, Community, Home Care, and Disability Services Industry Award 2010" plus car + 9.5% superannuation + salary sacrifice entitlements.
36.25 hours per week, Monday to Friday, with flexibility to meet variant service needs.
Accountability and responsibility:
The position will report to the CADA Inc. Board.
- Possession of relevant tertiary qualifications in the human services field and Business/Community Management.
- Minimum 5 years demonstrated experience and skills in corporate and/or community based Executive Management including change management processes.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in working effectively with people, particularly women and their children experiencing domestic violence from a feminist perspective, trauma-informed and strength-based framework.
- Experience and skills in community development, lobbying and advocacy.
- Well-developed leadership skills including the ability to represent CADA in the broader community by managing relationships and advocating for the CADA objectives together with the ability to provide clear, unequivocal and inspirational leadership to the staff and, at times, directly to the clients of CADA.
- Well-developed and demonstrated Executive Management skills and expertise including the ability to supervise, support and inspire staff within a collaborative environment within agreed, monitored boundaries.
- Well-developed and effective critical and analytical skills and the ability to understand and adapt to the context within which CADA operates along with the ability to invoke creative and courageous responses to prevailing and changing conditions.
- Highly developed verbal communication skills including interpersonal, networking, advocacy, lobbying.
- Demonstrated achievement and skill in written communication including proven success in the ability to produce and prepare effective reports and fruitful funding submissions.
- Demonstrated ability to meet reporting deadlines and to secure outcomes within specified timeframes.
- Advanced computer skills use of email, MS Office suite, etc.
- Current Queensland Drivers Licence
- National Police and Criminal History Check.
- Possession or ability to obtain Blue Card for working with children and young persons.
Desirable Personal Qualities:
Reliable and dependable, respectful, ethical, discrete, good time management, organised, self-motivated, honest, quick learner, open to new ideas, team player. flexible.
How to Apply:
Please submit your Resume including two professional line management referees, together with a covering application/written response (max. four A4 pages) detailing your interest and suitability for appointment to the position as CADAs CEO.
Please forward your application by 9 am Monday 18 November 2019
To: CADA CEO Selection Panel