12 month parental leave contract opportunity, Exciting leadership opportunity in the Sporting Industry, Engage with corporate, government & philanthropic communities.
12 month parental leave contract
Netball WA is the governing body for the sport in Western Australia, incorporating the subsidiary entities of West Coast Fever Netball Club and Glass Jar Australia. Netball WA has a clear vision to be The sport of choice in Western Australia.
Underpinning this vision and our purpose of advancing netball, advancing communities, is a new 2018-2022 Strategic Plan which outlines key outcomes, goals and strategies across four pillars within Netball WA; People & Culture, Participation, Pathway & Business Performance.
Reporting to the Chief Commercial Officer, the Head of Partnerships and Philanthropy will lead and deliver the core commercial and government partnership and philanthropic objectives of Netball WA and our subsidiaries West Coast Fever and Glass Jar Australia against a platform of continual enhancement and performance to achieve the organisations strategic goals.
Success for the position will be demonstrated through the achievement of key commercial outcomes across all areas of the three businesses that require the support of the Shared Services Department, and high satisfaction in outcome delivery against all commercial and government partnerships and philanthropic supporters.
The role will also seek to ensure the achievement of sustainability of Netball WA, West Coast Fever and Glass Jar Australia through corporate, state and federal government support as well as the rollout of a community fundraising program.
A close working relationship will exist with corporate, government and philanthropic communities and contractors, affiliated bodies including Netball WAs Member Regions, Associations and Clubs, Netball Australia and Suncorp Super Netball to ensure the successful achievement of this positions objectives.
- Promote the purpose, values and behaviours of Netball WA and its subsidiaries within the netball and greater Western Australian communities advocating the organisations as deliverers in service excellence;
- Deliver strategic and operational management of the organisations sustainable revenue activities from commercial partnerships including the build and implementation of new systems and processes to create efficiencies and maximise outputs of the commercial department;
- Enhance the long-term sustainability of Netball WA and its subsidiaries through commercial partnership acquisition, securing support of relevant government funding and the rollout of a philanthropic and fundraising program;
- Work closely with relevant stakeholders including existing and prospective corporate partners and Government agencies including, but not limited to the Gold Industry Group, Healthway, Insurance Commission of WA, Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet and the University of Western Australia.
- Oversee and enhance the processes and systems required to deliver a highly sophisticated and efficient commercial department including the implementation of SponServe;
- Lead the commercial team in providing exceptional partnership servicing and commercial revenue generation;
- Maximise the acquisition of commercial investment, partnerships and grants in the form of cash and cost mitigating in kind support;
- Develop and maintain a highly professional and values-based approach to the management of key relationships including staff and partners;
- Manage the design, delivery and execution of targeted commercial propositions to the wider business community;
- In conjunction with the Partnerships Managers, support the management and delivery of all contracted partner activation and leveraging initiatives ensuring engagement and alignment of strategic outcomes;
- Manage and report on key achievements against all relevant Netball WA and subsidiary Strategic Plan Performance Measures;
- Identify and acquire strategic commercial partnerships to enhance the long-term sustainability of Netball WA, the West Coast Fever and Glass Jar Australia;
- Develop market leading strategies to grow relationships and enhance engagement with existing sponsors and corporate partners;
- Continually review, identify and record all organisational partnership assets via an asset register and lead the development of template sponsorship proposals ready for market;
- Support the promotion and growth of the West Coast Fever Flight Centre Circle membership program;
- Collaborate with internal departments and staff to deliver key commercial and corporate outcomes for all related event activity;
- Manage the Community Investment Coordinator, including leading the development and rollout of the roles key duties and, relevant strategies and activities;
- Manage annual commercial budgets and monthly P&L tracking across Netball WA, West Coast Fever and Glass Jar Australia;
- Ensure the organisations have access to market leading analytics, reporting, trend analysis and broadcast consumption data for the preparation and dissemination to partners;
- Maintain close working relationships with Netball Australia, other Netball Member Organisations, Associations and Clubs on matters regarding Sponsorship, Licensing, and event operations including Suncorp Super Netball;
- Assist the CEO and Chief Commercial Officer in delivery of key commercial outcomes and achievement of key Strategic goals;
- Prepare relevant commercial operations reports and conduct presentations as required;
- Attend meetings and represent Netball WA, West Coast Fever and Glass Jar Australia on various groups and committees and liaise with other organisations and individuals on matters as required;
- Any other duties within the Employees capabilities and which is reasonable to expect the Employee to undertake as directed by the CEO or Chief Commercial Officer from time to time.
- Exceptional communication (written and verbal), negotiation and relationship building skills;
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results and KPIs in a professional sale orientated environment;
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate sponsorships and contracts;
- Proven track record of closing sales;
- Willingness to learn, and to be flexible and responsive to new opportunities and sponsorship leads;
- Demonstrated ability to manage budgets;
- Proven relationships with and an appreciation of the local and national corporate community;
- Experience in the servicing of sponsors across a broad range of corporate sectors;
- Experience in the procurement and acquittal of Government grants;
- Strong time management, presentation skills and the ability to meet deadlines and prioritise tasks;
- Excellent computer skills and information technology literacy with a range of software applications;
- Project management experience;
- Team management experience, including direct staff, volunteers and contractors;
- Preparedness to be flexible in respect to work hours;
- Current Working with Children Check;
- A current C class WA Drivers licence.
- Experience in the sport/not-for-profit industry or community development would be highly regarded;
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply