Leading global multi-metals company, Leadership role, Career opportunity, Residential role, Port Pirie, South Australia based.
Operating Superintendent Copper/By Products
Who we are
Nyrstar is a global multi-metals business, with a market leading position in zinc and lead and growing positions in other base and precious metals. Nyrstar has mining, smelting and other operations located in Europe, the Americas and Australia and employs over 4,000 people. The companys global operations are located close to key customers and major transport hubs to facilitate delivery of raw materials and distribution of finished products. In August 2019, Nyrstars operating business became majority owned by Trafigura, a market leader in the global commodities industry, providing a stable long term platform for its marketing leading operations worldwide. Visit www.nyrstar.com
Nyrstar Port Pirie is ideally positioned on the eastern shore of the Spencer Gulf in South Australia. Just two and a half hours north-west of Adelaide. Port Piries social atmosphere reflects it love of the sea, sport and the outdoors.
Known as the City of Friendly People Port Piries relaxed family lifestyle offers excellent facilities, accommodation and schooling options with all the major amenities. This is your opportunity to enjoy regional coastal living combined with capital city convenience.
Port Pirie is an integrated multi-metals recovery plant with the flexibility to process a wide range of lead-rich concentrates and smelting industry by-products.
Overview of the role
Applications are invited for the position of Operating Superintendent to lead and manage the Copper Plant and By products Operations team based in Port Pirie, South Australia.
Reporting directly to the Production Manager Lead and By Products, the Operating Superintendents primary objectives are to achieve high levels of Safety Product Quality, Cost and Production performance.
Key responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Provide strategic and tactical direction for the Operations team.
- Manage risks, including safety, environmental and production.
- Drive plant improvement and evaluate improvement ideas.
- Identify process problems early, find solutions, document the problem/solution and share learnings.
- Build and develop a great team consistent with the Nyrstar values.
- Promote Lean Principles and create a culture that embraces this.
- Drive outcomes that are best for business.
- Work collaboratively with other teams such as Metallurgy, Maintenance and Human Resources.
- Formal qualification in Chemical Engineering or Extractive Metallurgy (desirable)
- Demonstrated experience in mining, metals, resources industry
- 5+ years in a comparable Operational role
- High levels of technical competence, problem solving ability
- A strong track record of implementing plant improvements/innovation
- Demonstrated ability in people development and Team Management
- Superior skill in Microsoft Office suite, including Excel
- Strong communication skills
- Alignment with the Nyrstar Way
What does working for Nyrstar mean
We offer a career of challenge, reward and growth in a company that is focussed on being a leader in our field. Safety, Health, Hygiene & Environment are the foundation of all our values we live safety by living our values: Respect, Ownership, Excellence, Teamwork and Integrity.
no later than 4pm on Thursday 21st November 2019.
Please note you must have valid rights to work in Australia. Nyrstar is an equal opportunity employer and supports diversity within the workforce. We encourage female applicants. Nyrstar Port Pirie is a non-smoking site. Only applicants who progress to the next stage will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in applying for a position at Nyrstar.