- Full-time, ongoing positions, located around the Southern Suburbs
- Do you have 5 years plus work experience as a Business Manager / Accountant in education or a similar setting
- Are you interested in being a member of a finance team providing accounting and auditing advice/guidance to Primary school principals
- Are you a fully qualified CA / CPA
Please note: Interviews for shortlisted candidates will be held between 18 November and 29 November 2019.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Working within the Business Services Advisory team, the successful applicant will be responsible for providing financial support directly to Principals of Catholic primary schools. The position requires demonstrated knowledge of accounting in an educational or other relevant setting and demonstrated experience dealing with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems and Shared Service Centres. Travel to and working on location at approximately 10 primary schools across the Southern Suburbs and also in our central office in East Melbourne will be required.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL
The successful candidate must possess a Tertiary qualification in business management and / or accounting; full membership to Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand or CPA Australia; experience as a Business Manager of a school or a comparable role in another industry; experience in leading and managing school improvement grounded in the ethos of a Catholic educational environment or similar; ability to develop and lead projects; outstanding communication and relationship building skills with staff, parents, suppliers and other key stakeholders; a willingness to hot desk and work independently at primary schools in different locations.
Experience with using (ERP) systems and exposure to a Shared Service Centre (SSC) business model will be advantageous. Previous experience with Technology One and Synergetic also an advantage.
The successful applicant will also be subject to a Working with Children Check and a National Police Record Check and also hold a current Victorian Drivers Licence as travel to approximately 10schools/locations per fortnight will be required.
The successful applicant will also be subject to a Working with Children Check and a National Police Record Check and also hold a current Victorian Drivers Licence as travel between 10-12 schools and central office will be required.
Applicants must have full working rights in Australia.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
1. Tertiary qualifications in business management and / or accounting.
2. Full membership to Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand or CPA Australia.
3. Experience as a Business Manager of a school or a comparable role in another industry.
4. Experience in leading and managing school improvement grounded in the ethos of a Catholic educational environment.
5. Ability to develop and lead projects.
6. Outstanding communication and relationship building skills with staff, parents, suppliers and other key stakeholders.
7. Willingness to hot desk and work independently in various school locations.
8. Technology One and Synergetic software experience preferable but not essential.
9. A full unrestricted current Victorian Drivers Licence and access to a reliable vehicle. (Travel between 10-12 schools in an area and head office will be required).
WHATS IN IT FOR YOU
Generous salary and conditions
professional development opportunities
the opportunity for flexible working arrangements
the opportunity to enhance the education of more than 150,000 students.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
For the key selection criteria, please see the position description located on the CEM website
HOW TO APPLY
For further information about the position including a detailed position description and application requirements.
APPLICANTS NEED TO PROVIDE
a) a separate statement addressing the Key Selection Criteria
b) a cover letter
c) an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae
d) the contact details for two employment referees (referees will only be contacted with your consent).
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: 4 pm 11 November 2019
In applying for a position with Catholic Education Melbourne (CEM), you will be asked to provide certain personal information to enable your application to be considered. Any personal information that is provided to CEM in relation to an application for employment will be handled in accordance with CEMs obligations under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).