One of Queenslands largest independent schools, Work within a positive team environment, Support the College's purpose to educate, inspire and make a difference.
Graphic Designer | Content Producer
John Paul College is one of Queenslands largest independent Early Learning to Year Twelve co-educational schools. Founded in 1982 as the states first Christian Ecumenical school, we have a collective enrolment of approximately 1900 students.
John Paul College delivers a contemporary education grounded in traditional values. Our people are at the heart of all we do, and this is reflected in our purpose: to educate, to inspire, to make a difference.
Located 20 minutes south of Brisbanes CBD, the natural bushland campus features extensive and modern facilities to support a leading-edge technology programme and wide-ranging cultural and sporting opportunities.
The Graphic Designer | Content Producer has responsibility for the coordination of the Colleges graphic design, photo, video and digital content production. The role will work closely with the marketing team to create innovative, exciting and interactive marketing programs. In addition to design work, we want someone who can put together a complete marketing package, from concept development to print & electronic media design, photographs, video content, images and materials. Design within the role will span from corporate magazines to presentations, from to video pre-rolls to video blogs, social content to EDMs, there is no limit to the potential opportunity for this position.
The Graphic Designer | Content Producer, must be highly organised with an overall drive and passion for their work.
Duties will include but not limited to -
- Design and layout of College marketing materials and publications
- Design of static billboards/banners for promotional use
- Photography for the Yearbook or events including image retouching/editing
- Create video content (filming, editing and uploading) including filming of events throughout the year
- Storyboarding for photoshoot collateral, wireframes and concepts
- Front-end design and creation of digital assets for web, email, social, advertising, pre-roll video content
- Website design and coding where required
- Managing Click Dimensions (Marketing Cloud) EDMs/digital marketing pieces, coded and bullet proof on any device
- Creation of social content for posts for Facebook, Instagram, or LinkedIn
- Ambassador of the Colleges style guide - working with an existing brand style guides to develop new material
- Experience in developing new brands including conceptualising, logo design, support graphics, image libraries, colour palettes and typography
The successful candidate will have the following skills and abilities:
- High level of competence in finished art, layout and typography
- A solid understanding of pre-press and print production
- A solid understanding of responsive design with a creative flair
- Extremely high attention to detail with outstanding organisation skills
- The ability to work well unsupervised and show initiative as well as openly taking direction and act accordingly
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional learning and growth
- Strong communication and time management skills
- A willingness to engage with students and staff and be actively involved in college-based activities
- A willingness to take a flexible approach to work hours to ensure attendance at functions and events early in the morning, in the evening and on weekends as required
This position requires a self-motivated, agile and versatile individual with exceptional communication and organisational skills. You should be a logical and sequential thinker, capable of anticipating likely future requirements.
Applicants must be prepared to model and maintain the Christian ecumenical ethos, values and beliefs of the College. This position involves working with children. The Graphic Designer | Content Producer will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child-related employment in accordance with the law.
Applications are to be made to the attention of Stefanie Way Marketing and Communications Manager and should include a cover letter and resume with the names and contact details of at least three professional referees.
Interested applicants may contact Human Resources at the College for further information as required.
This position will commence immediately.
Applications close 15 November 2019 at 5.00pm