- Use your asset management experience and make a mark in a high performing team
- Permanent full time opportunity based in Clyde , The Hub
- RC Grade 7 ($139,374 - $153,345), plus super & annual leave loading
We have an exciting career opportunity for an Asset System Professional who will have a unique and strategic view of Sydney Trains end to end management of $35-40 Bn diverse asset portfolio. The Asset System Professional will be responsible to ensure Sydney Trains practices of decision making, planning & delivery of asset management functions are delivering the required customer outcomes clearly demonstrating the balance between cost, risk and performance.
What will you be involved in
Reporting to the Associate Director, Asset Services and Governance within Asset management Division of Sydney Trains you will
- Systematically engage all the stakeholders across Sydney Trains to capture their inputs and understand the practical requirements for efficient & effective management of assets,
- Review/assess the asset management system of Sydney Trains and conduct a thorough gap analysis, identify actions to bridge the gaps,
- Develop, implement and report on delivery of asset management improvement actions,
- Leading change management, work with line managers to help them streamline the asset management process/procedures and get involved in production (plans, delivery schedules, prioritisation etc.) to demonstrate the feasibility of proposed improvements, if required,
- Work with teams involved in all functions from planning to delivery, to improve their understanding of asset management concepts and help them to, practically, achieve asset level improvements,
- Work with business system team to ensure effective audits and compliance to ISO55001 standards for asset management.
What will it take
- Tertiary qualifications (Degree) in engineering, asset management, project management or relevant discipline
- Demonstrated hands on exposure to asset management functions such as asset management systems/processes, developing and delivering the asset strategies, plans, work programs, maintenance plans etc.
- Demonstrated knowledge of implementing and maintaining ISO55001 certification of asset management system for large asset based organisations
- Demonstrated planning, problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to work through issues with moderate complexity
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills to engage with, influence and build and maintain relationships with stakeholders
- Demonstrated expereince in the project management space
- Knowledge of ISO9001 quality management system is preferred but not essential
For more information on this position, view the role description here
At Sydney Trains, our vision is to keep Sydney moving by delivering safe, customer-focused, reliable and clean rail services. We contribute to the success of transport in NSW by running efficient rail services which exceed our customers expectations, support growth and contribute to the broader community and the economy. Joining Sydney Trains will present an exciting opportunity to shape the future and make a genuine difference for the people of NSW by providing a world class rail system.
Sydney Trains offers its employees challenging and rewarding work with opportunities for career progression, learning and development and work-life balance. Other benefits include:
- Free travel on Government trains, buses and ferries
- Flexible work practices
Join Sydney Trains for the opportunity to shape the future and make a genuine difference for the people of NSW by providing a world class rail system.
Our commitment to Diversity
TfNSW are committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture across the Transport cluster, planning for and promoting diversity. We welcome and encourage applications from diverse community groups and ages including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, LGBTI, people with disabilities, women and other diversity groups. TfNSW recognises the benefits that such an approach brings for our staff and customers in delivering the future of NSW.
How to apply for this fantastic opportunity:
Simply submit your application electronically via the online application process, attaching a resume and cover letter by responding to the questions below:
- Your skills and technical writing experience suit the role;
- How your skills and experience suit the role.
For more information on how to apply for a role in the NSW Public Sector please clickhere or for more information on Sydney Trains please click on link provided.
Please note: Successful candidate will need to undertake background checks and criminal record checks.
Applications close: 11.59 pm on Sunday, 17^th November 2019
To be considered for these roles you must be 18 years of age. Applicants will need to complete merit based selection activities and will be subject to satisfactory medical, drug & alcohol and criminal record checks as part of the selection process. Please note that an eligibility list may be created for this position, and position(s) of the same classification that subsequently become vacant may be filled using this eligibility list (where the vacancy is within 60 minutes travelling time). Transport for NSW is an equal opportunity employer. Women and people with a disability are encouraged to apply.