Exciting opportunity to make a difference in residential aged care, Bring your organisational skills to a busy, diverse team, Attractive remuneration package on offer $$$$.
Our client based in Gympie is a highly successful not-for-profit community organisation that is supported and administered by a management committee of community minded business people and retired professionals.
Providing a range of residential rooms, their state of the art facilities, provide respite, health and wellbeing related programs. Our client boasts a professional friendly team of staff that are passionately committed to offering their residents all the comforts of home in a safe and secure setting.
The role of Financial Accountant is pivotal to organisation and the ideal candidate will have a strong background in finance and leadership to contribute to, oversee and drive the organisations ongoing quality service provision.
The Financial Accountant will be responsible across all business financial and operational support functions incorporating but not limited to, day to day financial operations, human resource management, compliance, governance, and risk management.
Working collaboratively with the CEO, other senior colleagues and the management committee, the Financial Accountant will also assist in driving the implementation and ongoing adherence to the strategic plan.
In addition, this role will be responsible for overseeing and providing inspirational leadership to all support staff of approximately 70 team members which includes diverse operational and service areas such as catering, administration, finance, housekeeping, and overseeing of contracts or service agreement deliverables where services may be outsourced.
Our client is seeking a highly capable and experienced Accounting professional who is an ethical and honest individual that is also is empathetic, community-oriented and client-focussed.
- Degree in accounting or equivalent;
- Be willing to undergo a Criminal Records Check prior to employment (Subsequently, staff must report any criminal charges or court appearances);
- Current Police check and certificate (Aged Care Act);
- Current Drivers Licence Class C.
- Providing leadership, direction and management to the finance and accounting team;
- Providing strategic recommendations to the CEO, and the management committee;
- Effective and timely management of the processes for financial forecasting and budgets, and overseeing the preparation of all financial reporting;
- Reviewing all formal finance, HR and IT related procedures as required;
- Performing high-level data analysis to assist in managing cost as the business grows, including projected budgets and costs in support of the strategic plan;
- Preparing and submitting all BAS, Tax, ABS reports accurately in time as required by legislation, reporting these activities to the CEO;
- Reporting to the CEO on trends, excessive spending, and other areas of concern relating to financial planning;
- In conjunction with the CEO, oversee the Quality Program;
- Ensuring policy and procedure manuals relevant to the department are reviewed annually and as required;
- Overseeing all HR activities in conjunction with the HR Co-Ordinator and with other Heads of Department, ensuring master rosters are utilised and variances authorised, as required
- Ensuring Human Resource Policies and Procedures are compliant with Legislation, reflect relevant awards, and are adhered to;
- Undertaking performance reviews on all team members as per HR procedures;
- Supporting the HR Co-Ordinator and WHS Committee, oversee WHS activities across site and ensure compliance with legislation.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENT (MQR)
Part of the application process is to complete a Minimum Qualification Requirement (MQR).
1. Copy and paste the below link in your browser to download the Minimum Qualification Requirement (MQR) template in WORD format:
2. Complete the MQR template.
3. If you wish to write a cover letter, please do so on the first page of your resume. Your resume will begin on page two (2) after the cover letter page one (1).
4. Send the completed MQR template and resume via Apply. Attach the completed MQR template to the Cover letter and your resume to the resume.
A copy of a sample MQR is on the below link:
REWARDS AND REMUNERATION
Salary commensurate with experience.
HOW TO APPLY:
All applications are held in the strictest confidence.
The EastCoast HR Group specialise in the placement of quality professional staff and since 1986 we've placed more than 10,000 people in permanent jobs, contract and temporary roles across the engineering, environmental, construction, manufacturing, mining, oil and gas, accounting, medical, legal, hospitality and office support sectors throughout Australia.