- An exciting opportunity exists for a suitably qualified and experienced Agronomist to join an industry leading members association.
- Provide sound, unbiased agronomic advice and services to members and clients across the entire turf sector.
- Suited to an enthusiastic, technically focused individual that has experience in practical aspects of turf management and is passionate about turf.
About the Australian Sports Turf Managers Association
With over 1,500 members throughout Australia, New Zealand and Asia, the Australian Sports Turf Managers Association (ASTMA) has recently undertaken a re-branding from the Australian Golf Course Superintendents Association.
As Australias peak industry body for Sports Turf Management, the Australian Sports Turf Managers Association is committed to providing greater resources to enhance reputation and professionalism of the Turf Management Industry and its members.
We operate a range of services to support our Members and the greater turf industry including the Asia Pacific Turfgrass Conference & Trade Exhibition, producing the industry-leading Australian Turfgrass Management Journal, Analytical, Consultancy & Research Services, Education and HR Advocacy, Industry Awards, and Workshops and Training Programs.
Due to continued growth in our Agronomic Analytical and Consultancy Services area, the Australian Sports Turf Managers Association is looking to appoint a full-time Sports Turf Agronomist.
This important position, working with the existing AGCSATech Agronomy Team will be responsible for providing members and clients with accurate, unbiased agronomic advice and services. AGCSATech has a diverse customer base, working across all turf sectors including sportsfields & grounds, private schools, golf courses, council sport and recreation facilities, turf production, bowling clubs, racetracks, and recreational turf areas.
- Conduct site inspections, audits and assessments, providing technical reports, agronomic advice and services to the wider turf industry on a national level.
- To provide agronomic advice on project management from design, specifications, construction to completion, to association members, clients and companies.
- To undertake and interpret soil/water/disease and other analytical tests and prepare written reports.
- Assist in the establishment, maintenance and overseeing of turf research trial sites.
- Involvement in the delivery of ASTMA educational programs and technical publications.
- Assist in the operational services of AGCSATech and to actively seek new clients.
Skills and Experience
- Ideal candidates will have relevant tertiary qualifications in agricultural science, turf management or similar related fields. Applicants with extensive industry experience across a range of turf surfaces will be favourably considered.
- Successful applicants will possess excellent communication and report writing skills, and be able to work autonomously, both in the office and the field.
- Applicants should exhibit confident presentation and computer skills.
- Possess strong business acumen in maintaining current relationships as well as awareness to identify and develop new commercial opportunities.
- This role requires national (and possibly international) travel so flexibility, excellent planning and time management skills are required.
The position is based at the Australian Sports Turf Managers Association office in Victoria, though regular interstate travel will be required as part of the position.
A competitive salary and conditions are on offer for the right candidate, including laptop and phone.
by Friday 29th November 2019.
Please note that applications will be assessed as they are received, and interviews will be undertaken prior to the Close Date as potential candidates are identified. The position is available for an immediate start, and therefore applications may close prior to the above date if a suitable candidate is identified.