- Band 7 Salary range: $92,581 to $103,604 plus 9.5% Super
- 12 months maximum term position (until June 2020)
- St Kilda Location
About the Organisation
The City of Port Phillip is an inner-city council with around 1000 employees who deliver more than 100 programs and services to our residents, businesses and visitors. These range from childcare and immunisations, to libraries, management of parks and open space, rubbish collection, road maintenance and more.
About the Role
An exciting opportunity exists to join our growing team and contribute to the planning for a more liveable, sustainable and inclusive City.
The City of Port Phillip is experiencing a significant increase in population and urban density. These positions will focus on the development of new municipal wide and place based policies and strategies to deliver on Councils commitment to manage this growth, and ensure our City builds on its reputation as a highly liveable, accessible and sustainable place.
If you are a strategic planner with an interest in inner city issues, these are the opportunities for you.
- Provide professional strategic planning expertise to the Head of City Strategy, Manager Strategy and Design, General Manager City Strategy and Sustainable Development, other internal departments, Council and the community.
- Achieve timely and appropriate outcomes on a range of complex planning projects including the development / implementation of urban policy and strategy, and planning scheme amendments.
Assist in the co-ordination of the preparation of amendments to the Port Phillip Planning Scheme, and associated systems / processes, and contribute to the ongoing development of the City Strategy units skills and expertise in this area.
Skills and Experience
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Urban Planning and/or a closely related profession.
- Demonstrated experience at a senior level in strategic urban planning and/or urban design, including the delivery of urban strategies and policies.
- Experience in delivering urban strategy and policy projects in an environment of balancing complex issues and competing priorities, and with an understanding of a local government setting.
- Experience in managing the preparation and processing of a range of planning scheme amendments and in the administration of planning schemes within the Victorian planning system.
People enjoy working at the City of Port Phillip because we are a welcoming, healthy and inclusive workplace. We offer a vibrant and diverse work environment where our employees can develop both professionally and personally whilst planning and delivering a range of important services and programs to the community.
- We offer a workplace which accommodates your working style and needs.
- Be supported and empowered by a leadership team that is community focused, with a strong desire for change and a culture that encourages teamwork and innovation.
- Training and development opportunities, study assistance, flexible working conditions, paid parental leave, an active social club, a health and wellbeing program, and a well- regarded Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
How to Apply
All applicants must provide a Cover Letter in response to the key selection criteria which is located on the last page of the position description. The Cover Letter should be no longer than 2 pages and include each heading in the Key Selection Criteria.
Applications close midnight Tuesday 12th November 2019
The City of Port Phillip is an equal opportunity employer, committed to an inclusive and accessible environment where diversity is valued.
City of Port Phillip has zero tolerance for child abuse and is a committed Child Safe organisation, so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.