Fixed term opportunity of up to 18 months, Join the World Game, St Kilda Road location.
A fixed term opportunity is now available as the Project Manager for Growing Participation in Sport reporting directly to the Executive Manager for Growth and Inclusion at Football Victoria for up to 18 months.
The incumbent will be responsible for the design and delivery of a new football based program for less active young people aged 12 -17 . Working with an early stage program concept, the Project Manager will manage all activities relating to the successful development, delivery and evaluation of the program.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Project management of the new program including planning, development, delivery and evaluation
- Leading the development and management of the project budget
- Developing a work plan and budget to support the program
- Program execution across the State including sourcing venues, venue hire, staffing, and purchase of equipment
- Establishing an advisory group to support the project and liaise regularly
- Managing grant acquittal and reporting as required by VicHealth
- Finalising the design of the program and refine overtime based on evaluation
- Overseeing and coordinating the testing and roll out of the program across the state
- Brokering and establishing appropriate partnerships to support the program
- Maintaining and supporting relationships across partner organisations and with external stakeholders
- Maintaining the program integrity through ongoing review of local programs, deliver support monitoring and monitor participant feedback
- Leading the design, development, and implementation of communication and marketing plan, materials and approaches that engage potential participants (including brand and identity for the program)
- Identifying an appropriate registration system
- Designing, developing and implementing the training/education for program deliverers
- Recruiting, training, supporting and overseeing suitable deliverers to implement the program
- Coordinating program evaluation with VicHealth program evaluators (LaTrobe University) including managing registrations, distribution of surveys, capturing data and learnings from project delivery
- Building a sustainable revenue and business model for the program
- Ensuring that the outcomes and KPIs for the program are delivered on
- Participating in workshops, capacity building and events as requested by FV and VicHealth
- Meeting regularly with VicHealth project manager
In order to be considered for this position, you will need to possess the following:
- Significant experience in a project management environment
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience managing relationships between multiple vendors/partners and managing contract/MOUs.
- Demonstrated experience in establishing and maintaining relationships with program partners
- Experience designing and building a product/program for a customer or audience; ideally with young people
- Passionate about the importance of physical activity and providing sport/recreation opportunities for young people who are less active
- Ability to manage and prioritise key tasks to ensure the program timelines and delivery are met
- Demonstrated experience in end to end campaign/project management including communications, planning, briefing, execution and reporting with proven successes, ensuring targets are met or exceeded
- Creative and innovative with a real interest in creating a tailored product/program from scratch
- Excellent stakeholder management, interpersonal skills and influencing skills with a customer service focus
- Well-developed communication, interpersonal and relationship building skills, including an ability to work both autonomously and within a team
- Understanding of the new Child Safe Standards
Highly desirable candidates will be degree qualified in Project Management, Health Promotion, Community Development, Public/Business Administration, Sports Management or a related discipline.
It is acknowledged that all Football Victoria employees demonstrate a flexible approach and that from time to time during peak periods will assist across departments to achieve the overall strategic objectives of the organization.
Applications close 5pm Friday 15 November 2019. Please note that interviews may commence prior to the closing date so please do not delay submitting your application should this be of interest to you.
FV is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values child safety, diversity, and inclusion. We encourage applications from all underrepresented groups including Females, Aboriginal or Torres Strait Island people, those with disabilities and culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
How we play:
RESPECT (Valuing all), INTEGRITY (Doing the right thing), LEADERSHIP (Inspiring vision of the future), INCLUSION (Together we are stronger), UNITY (United for the good of the world game)
Please note that interviews may commence prior to the closing date.