At Newmont Goldcorp, our purpose is to create value and improve lives through sustainable and responsible mining. Our Boddington operation is one of the largest gold producers in Australia. We offer a competitive remuneration package as well as the opportunity to develop your career in a global company.
- Are you an Engineering Surveyor with experience surveying in the mining industry
- Are you looking for a role where you can be a problem solver and continuously improve and implement processes and procedures
- Are you looking for a unique Mining experience Newmont Goldcorp Boddington is located on 130km southeast of Perth CBD in the Peel Region.
About This Role
Reporting to the Senior Mine Surveyor, you will be responsible for coordinating, scheduling and conducting of all survey work outside the pit areas of Newmont Goldcorp Boddington (NGB). A key aspect of your role will be providing engineering survey services to project engineers working around the site. You will also have the opportunity to mentor our Graduate Mine Surveyors and Survey Technicians on project work and day to day tasks.
In This Role You Will
- Schedule and scope timely control surveys to ensure the network is maintained to an acceptable level of accuracy.
- Provide engineering survey services to the project engineers and scope any requests to determine what resources are needed.
- Issue service location plans as required and set out relevant infrastructure plans for dig permit applications and procedures.
- Survey any new infrastructure and roads across site in accordance with dig permit procedures and service layers.
- Record and report any bauxite, topsoil and gravel movement on site.
- Update and communicate survey surfaces and volumes, and reconcile and report annually.
- Assist with end of month pit surveys as required.
- Conduct bi monthly stockpile surveys.
- Update and manage emergency plans by liaising with stakeholders and ensuring timely delivery.
- Schedule and coordinate yearly satellite image captures and liaise with stakeholders to assess image area.
- Conduct and process data for bathometric surveys of all bodies of water across site.
Your Skills, Training & Experience
- Tertiary qualification in Surveying with previous experience in implementation, management and reporting of large mining survey networks
- At least five years of surface and/or underground mine survey experience
- Experience in the control set up for engineering infrastructure projects (experience in Process Plant environments is desirable)
- Demonstrated computer skills with experience using a global mine planning package highly advantageous
- Previous experience in a production environment with a focus on delivering results and budgets while maintaining a strong commitment to safety
- Remote pilot licence and UAV/Scanner data processing skills is advantageous
- Use of the following software is highly desirable
- I-Site laser scanner and studio software
- Leica/Trimble GPS hardware/software
- Minesight Software
- Arcmap/mapinfo GIS software
- Magnet Software
Work Conditions and Location
- Live locally in the town site of Boddington and go home every night, or stay in our Village for your roster and DIDO.
- This role is on a 5/2:4/3 roster (5 days on site, 2 days off, 4 days on site, 3 days off) working a 40 hour week.
Applications close on Wednesday, 13 November 2019.
Our business success comes from the accomplishments and well-being of our employees and contractors. Our goal is to build a workplace culture that allows every person to thrive, participate, grow, and proudly play an active role in achieving our strategy.
Newmont Goldcorp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, placing and promoting the best individual for each position without regard to personal characteristics such as gender, race, nationality, ethnicity, social and indigenous origin, religion or belief, disability, age, sexual orientation, etc.
We invite women and applicants with diverse backgrounds to apply, particularly persons of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island descent. Newmont Goldcorp acknowledges Aboriginal people as the first Australians and respects their unique relationship with the land and sea, their culture, spiritual tradition and stories.