Contribute to effective water management practices, Work within a community focused organisation, Attractive salary package and benefits.
Limited Term Full Time 2 years (until October 2021)
Band B: $60,470 - $69,978 per annum plus 9.5% statutory superannuation
Location: Warrnambool or Colac
Southern Rural Water delivers excellence in rural water management, driving growth and productivity across southern Victoria. Southern Rural Water (SRW) is a government-owned statutory corporation, governed by a skills-based Board appointed by the Minister for Water. Our ongoing revenue of some $30 million is generated from around 10,000 customers, and a capital works program in excess of $10 million annually, with major offices in Maffra, Ringwood, Werribee, Warrnambool and field offices across our region.
We are seeking an innovative thinker, someone who can adapt and conceptualise varied solutions to complex problems that ensures our customer service deliverables are met. We require a customer focused professional, with well-developed communication and report writing skills who will be required to:
- Undertake compliance activities such as inspections and provide reports for referred licence applications.
- Ability to apply sound knowledge of the Water Act 1989 (Vic) as it applies to SRW service delivery in additional to relevant policies pertaining to unregulated surface water and ground water management requirements.
- Investigate and researching order to resolve customer and public complaints on alleged unauthorised activities.
- Compile accurate and detailed reports using a variety of systems and software.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate how they meet the key selection criteria below:
- Demonstrated experience in providing excellence in customer service within a government regulated environment.
- Sound ability to interpret, apply and communicate requirements of relevant policy and legislation (particularly the Water Act 1989 (Vic)), to SRW customers and other key stakeholders.
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills, with the capacity to engage with a diverse range of customers, to build and maintain productive working relationships.
- Excellent data collation and presentation with the ability to extract data from a variety of sources, compiling into succinct and meaningful reports.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve difficult situations in a non-confrontational manner, assessing a range of customer solutions whilst ensuring compliance with the Water Act 1989.
How to Apply
Applications should be made before midnight Sunday 17 November 2019
Please take the time to describe how your knowledge, skills and abilities relate to the Key Selection Criteria as part of your online application.
Southern Rural Water is committed to diversity and inclusion in employment and is proud to encourage applications from people of different backgrounds, abilities, ages, genders, gender identities and/or sexual orientations.