Highly visible 2IC Finance partnering role, Lead a team of 4 Accountants in providing Finance support for the business, Join us in an exciting time of growth in supporting Australian businesses.
Export Finance Australia is the governments export credit agency.
We provide expertise and financial solutions to drive sustainable growth that benefits Australia and our partners. We support a wide range of clients to take on export-related opportunities, and support infrastructure development in the Pacific region and beyond.
We have a rare and exciting opportunity for a Finance Manager to act as business partner and commercial advisor to the business, including leading a team of 4 direct reports in ensuring the integrity, analysis and reporting of accounting data for Export Finance Australia operations.
This is a senior, 2IC role reporting to the Financial Controller, and would suit an experienced people leader with both management and financial accounting expertise.
Key roles and responsibilities
On a day to day basis, your key responsibilities will include (but not be limited to) the following:
- Act as integrated business partner to the Executive team, business heads and senior leaders across the entire business
- Ensure that the general ledger is reliable, and accurate and that preparation of monthly management accounts is timely
- Supervise the monthly trial balance and balance sheet and the timely preparation of statutory returns (including FBT and BAS) as required by relevant legislation
- Prepare financial forecasts for the current year and conduct variance analysis to budget within the required deadlines
- Lead, manage and develop the team of 4 Accountants
- Assist the Financial Controller in presentation of statutory financial statements in accordance with the accounting standards or any other regulatory requirements
- Assist the Financial Controller in the preparation of the Corporate Plan and compiling of the budgets
- Establish and maintain internal controls within the department including the journal and reconciliation process
- Assist in the management of the day to day financial accounting functions including leading and establishing a culture of continuous improvement
- Lead and drive continuous improvements, identifying opportunities to consolidate, automate and gain process efficiencies
- Drive a strong customer service and delivery culture through the finance team, ensuring service is at an excellent standard
- Oversee the accounts receivable and accounts payable functions to ensure accurate coding, processing of invoices and payment to suppliers
We are looking for an experienced Finance professional with strong people leadership and business partnering skills, ready to take their career to the next level. You will be an exceptional communicator with strong commercial, operational excellence and client focus to succeed in the role. Additionally, you will bring a combination of the following qualifications, skills and experience to our team:
- Degree and CA/CPA qualified with at least 7 years relevant experience in a related role
- Knowledge of core financial functions, frameworks, models and approaches and accounting concepts including GST and FBT knowledge
- Significant experience and ability to successful and accurately develop complex financial plans, budgets and forecasts
- Significant experience in developing and preparing monthly management reports
- Exceptional stakeholder management with the ability to build positive relationships across all levels of the organisation
- Experience in leading, managing and developing a high performing team
- Strong analytical and judgement skills, with the ability to provide financial information analysis and advice
- Advanced user of Microsoft Office Excel and thorough understanding of Word and PowerPoint
- A strong technical proficiency to be conversant with new software and systems
- Ability to adhere to tight deadlines and ensure compliance with regulatory standards;
- Demonstrated experience in problem solving and analysis
- Proven written and verbal communication skills including establishing and maintaining effective networks
- Ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with all levels in the organisation
- A commitment to building and establishing a culture of continuous improvement
If this sounds like you the right challenge for you, apply now! We'd love to hear from you ASAP. Applications close 4pm Friday, 15 November 2019.
Why Choose Export Finance Australia
We are small enough to have impact, BIG enough to make a world of difference.
Our size means our people have interesting and varied work that stretches and challenges them, with the opportunity to learn from senior leaders and specialists. At Export Finance Australia, there are opportunities to grow your career and broaden your experience, build your expertise, and receive development through targeted learning, mentoring and feedback.
Our people have an impact, and through our collective efforts, we know that helping our customers grow helps Australia grow. Our customers are dynamic and diverse and so are our people. We believe in flexibility and giving our people choices about how they get their work done and how they balance this with other areas of their lives.