Coordinate social/digital content for a leading sporting organisation, Work in an inclusive, progressive environment, Great career development opportunity.
Gymnastics Australia (GA) are seeking a graduate or similarly experienced individual with a strong work ethic to join the organisation and help continue to drive the growth and rebirth of gymnastics in Australia. Applicants must have a working knowledge of corporate or sport digital and social media, coupled with a strong motivation to learn and gain experience in the communications, marketing and event sectors
Our ideal candidate is someone with strong writing skills, a creative eye and the ability to adapt to different tasks within the organisation and develop their professional skillset while learning on the job.
Digitally minded with a thirst for engaging content, applicants will likely be recent graduates with relevant work experience or employment in state or national level sport across digital, social media, communications, marketing and events.
The position requires someone comfortable with existing and emerging technologies who can assist deploying a more socially driven communications and marketing strategy for gymnastics nationally.
Event experience is an advantage as the role will be a key support for GA's internal events team in delivering world and domestic-level competitions.
The role will work closely with multiple internal and external stakeholders, including government and commercial partners, state and territory associations, clubs and the broader media, while also assisting GA's management team and CEO.
- Minimum 1-2 years' work related experience in communications, digital content, PR, media, marketing or similar facing role including working within commercially focussed, savvy branded organisations, or
- Hold a relevant degree qualification or in final year of study in a relevant field
- Experience within professional communications, including copywriting, editing, proof reading experience.
- You will have a strong understanding of the role of traditional media and a flair for the development of social media platforms, website/digital content and fan/member engagement strategies.
- Roles which have required delivery of robust marketing strategies with multiple streams across an integrated channel mix including print, online, digital and TV broadcast for optimisation and refining of customer value propositions to create demand for events, service or programs
- Background work related experience or knowledge of sport and recreation industry or knowledge of elite athlete and or community sport environments is highly desirable.
- Understanding and experience of sports administration.
- Must have the right to live and work in Australia
EMPLOYEE AND OTHER DETAILS:
Gymnastics Australia is the governing body of gymnastics in Australia, overseeing the delivery of all aspects of the sport nationally. As a large, member-based organisation, GA provides a range of services to state and territory associations, clubs and all pillars of the sport, including hosting major events, technical member training and development and the delivery of national high-performance programs.
GA's Vision: Gymnastics is recognised as the foundation for movement, enriching and energising bodies for life.
GA's Mission: Gymnastics in Australia will Promote our brand, develop our people and Grow our sport.
GA's Values: Respect our people, Excellence in delivery, Act as one, Lead with Integrity.
Gymnastics Australia is an organisation committed to creating a diverse, inclusive, capable, connected and supportive workplace.
Gymnastics Australia promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children, including those with a disability and those of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander backgrounds.
Gymnastics Australia is committed to protecting children and young people from harm. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment, a process that may include, but is not limited to, comprehensive reference checks, an identity check, a 'working with children' or equivalent check and/or a 'national criminal history record' check. We also require all applicants to read and understand the Child Safety Policy and Member Protection Policies prior to appointment.
All staff are responsible for informing themselves of their obligations and responsibilities in relation to Ethics, Equity and Social Justice. In particular, all staff must demonstrate appropriate and professional workplace behaviours in accordance with the Gymnastics Australia's Values and Code of Conduct.
Appointment to this position is subject to satisfactory completion of Safety Screening requirements including but not limited to:
- Valid Employee Working With Children Check
- National Police Check
- International Police Check verification of unrestricted work rights in Australia, eg citizenship, passport or birth certificate
- Certified copies of qualifications