As soon as possible start dates, Strong existing team, great culture, 2 fixed-term, full-time positions available.
Property & Facilities
The Property & Facilities Division (P&F) is responsible for delivering comprehensive facilities management that support the University's teaching and research goals and its strategic objectives of Learning, Discovery and Engagement. To achieve this, and to further improve the environment in which members of the University community study, work and live, P&F provide a range of services. Some of the services include: Infrastructure and Sustainability, Project Delivery, Campus Operations and Planning and Property services.
The Security Section’s responsibilities are to provide and maintain a protected and secure environment for all persons on University sites; to protect University assets from theft, damage or destruction; to respond to emergencies; and to ensure that all University Statutes and Senate directives are adhered to. These responsibilities must be undertaken within the legal parameters of the law and standards set must be consistent with general community standards.
About This Opportunity
The Traffic Warden is to enforce parking regulations and undertake traffic control in relation to the University's traffic and parking regulations as defined and regulated in the State Penalties Enforcement Act 1999, The State Penalties Enforcement Regulation 2000, and The University of Queensland Act 1998.
Duties include but are not limited to;
- Undertake regular patrols, to maintain a visible presence to provide an adequate coverage of the parking facilities and to promote a high level of adherence to the parking regulations.
- Support and supplement Security Officers as and when required in dealing with security issues and undertaking associated security duties.
- Maintain a high level of expertise in performing the day-to-day tasks associated with the hand-held ticket-issuing devices.
- Provide service to parking equipment, such as the replacement of consumables, and clearing paper and coin jams, as required.
Our Ideal Candidate
You are a dynamic and ambitious person who:
- Completed year 12 and a completion of a Certificate III, Certificate IV or diploma level qualification and with extensive relevant work experience
- Current Queensland Certificate II Security Operations Licence that contains unarmed and Crowd Control modules.
- Has the ability to communicate clearly orally and in writing is vital. Good interpersonal skills and ability liaise with people at all levels within and outside the University.
- Is able to exercise tact and restraint when dealing with difficult clients,
For a full list of duties and selection criteria, please refer to the Position Description.
You must have ongoing unrestricted work rights in Australia to apply for this opportunity.
What We Can Offer
There are currently two positions available - both positions are full time, fixed term (31st Jan 2020 and 31st June 2020 respectively) at HEW Level 3.
The full-time equivalent base salary will be in the range $55,068 - $60,936 per annum plus super. The total FTE package will be in the range $60,299 - $66,725 per annum.
You will be able to take advantage of UQ Sport Facilities, recreation leave loading (of 17.5%), salary sacrificing options, on-campus childcare, discounted private health insurance, affordable parking, development programs and many other benefits.
Want to Apply
To submit an application for this role, use the APPLY NOW button below. All applicants must supply the following documents:
- Cover letter
- Statement addressing key selection criteria
To satisfy pre-requisite questions and ensure your application can be considered in full, all candidates must apply via the UQJobs portal by the job closing deadline. Applications received via other channels including direct email will not be accepted.
Applications close: 17th November 11pm