Around the world, our employees are united by our mission to save and sustain lives. Together, we create a culture that encourages colleagues to pursue rewarding careers -- where everyone has the opportunity to do meaningful work as a part of a team they respect, in an environment that values each persons contributions. Were happy youre interested in continuing your career journey with Baxter.
Every day, millions of patients and caregivers rely on Baxters leading portfolio of critical care, nutrition, renal, hospital and surgical products. For more than 85 years, weve been operating at the critical intersection where innovations that save and sustain lives meet the healthcare providers that make it happen. With products, technologies and therapies available in more than 100 countries, Baxters employees worldwide are now building upon the companys rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of transformative healthcare innovations.
The purpose of role is for the management and control of all ANZ import and export freight activities for Baxter Healthcare, in line with company Trade Compliance policies and legal requirements of the Australian Customs Service (ACS). Leverage industry and Baxter Regional best practices to drive cost and service improvements in line with the broader Supply Chain strategy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the Supply Chain teams with shipping requirements bookings, sailing schedules, changes and rates.
- Liaise with shipping lines, suppliers and transport services to facilitate on time shipments.
- Maintain and manage freight relationships with Baxter Regional and Local teams.
- Identify and drive opportunities for streamlining the current logistics processes.
- Coordinate information and documentation where required for timely and accurate clearance in line with the ACS requirements.
- Create and supply accurate documentation that supports the ACS and other government bodies requirements relating to exporting and importing of Baxter products and associated materials.
- Measure, Monitor and report on freight performance, identify trend, propose and execute cost actions.
- Update and maintain Job Instruction Breakdowns (JIBs) required for the role
- Ensure Environmental, Health & Safety is considered and applied under the applicable guidelines.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Working experience dealing with freight forwarders, international trade, transport and logistics companies.
- Detailed knowledge and experience of import and export procedures and requirements as they relate to the management of healthcare products.
- Ability to operate under pressure, without supervision and in a customer focused manner.
- Personal computer skills and data analytical capabilities.
- Strong written and communication skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Advanced MS applications (Outlook, Excel, Word) relevant to job
- Excellent customer service
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of QA, GMP and Quality standards
- Customs Brokers International Trade Course or relevant industry experience
- Experience in Dangerous Goods (IATA,ADG,NZDG,IMDG)
- Multi modal experience
Apply today and experience a career that matters! Applications close Friday 15th November 2019.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy