One of Australia’s leading regional newspapers, the South Western Times, requires a talented reporter for its busy newsroom in Bunbury, WA.
We are looking for a dedicated journalist who will be a driving force behind quality news coverage in the South Western Times and Bunbury Herald.
Applicants should have experience in a range of reporting duties and must display initiative and have a good eye for a news story.
The successful journalist will also have embraced the digital world and display urgency in their reporting.
An ability to source and break exclusive stories is essential and applicants must have a passion for bringing issues to light through various platforms.
The successful applicant will be a self-starter who is able to work unsupervised.
Demonstrated skill in digital photography will be highly regarded.
This position represents an excellent opportunity for career advancement with The West Australian Regional Newspapers while being based at Bunbury, a progressive coastal city that offers an excellent lifestyle and first class sporting, educational and social facilities.
To be successful in this position, you will:
- Have demonstrated experience working as a journalist and have a portfolio of published work.
- Have strong written and verbal communication.
- Be a strong team player, be highly motivated and a self-starter.
- Have a good eye for a news story and a sense of urgency in breaking news.
- Possess a high level of attention to detail.
- Have a tertiary qualification in journalism or substantial experience working as a journalist.
- Demonstrated experience in photography for newspapers.
- A knowledge of the South West and Bunbury districts.
If you have a passion for community journalism and can satisfy the above criteria, please apply by submitting your written application including a covering letter outlining why you are expressing interest in the position and what you can bring to the role and a resume detailing your qualifications and experience.
In return, we'll give you everything you need to develop your skills and build a successful career.
Be part of our journey and join one of Australia's most iconic companies.
Seven West Media is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace.