BENTSPOKE BREWING COMPANY is an award-winning craft brewery based in Canberra. Between our Braddon brewpub and our production facility known as The Cannery in Mitchell, BentSpoke produce a range of world-class craft beers and ciders.
We are seeking a proactive, reliable and fun-loving individual to join our Brewing team. This rare and exciting opportunity exists due to growth in the business and the brewing schedule.
Duties and responsibilities
Reporting to the Head Brewers, your responsibilities will include assisting in the production of BentSpoke Brewing Co products including brewing, cellaring, packaging, cleaning, laboratory and logistics coordination in the Brewpub and the Cannery (Production Brewery).
This role will have Cellar, Brewery and Production responsibilities across both our brewing sites in in Braddon and Mitchell.
Cellar Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with ensuring the cellar, cool rooms, lines, fonts and other equipment are kept in a safe and hygienic state
- Assist with beer line cleaning
- Assist in the filling and cleaning of kegs
- Transportation of kegs and other products between the BentSpoke venues
- Assist with cellar duties/stock movements with respect to external events
Brewery Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Brew team to ensure production is in-line with current goals and demand.
- Assist with Brewery Maintenance ensuring preventative maintenance and cleaning of all plant and equipment is performed to manufacturers specification and records are kept for break downs, services, and all work carried out.
- Assist in maintaining Brewery Record Management ensuring accurate records are kept for brewing, packaging, raw materials, work in process, finished goods and excise records.
- Assist with the packaging of all BentSpoke products by:
- Packing on the production line when needed
- Ensuring packaging materials are available for production
- Ensuring product quality and consistency
- Maintaining a high level of hygiene and sanitation across all packaging processes
- Ensure adherence to Standard Operating Procedures and Occupational Health and Safety procedures
Skills and experience
The following skills and attributes are expected:
- Passion for Craft Beer
- Mature attitude, honesty, loyalty and exceptional work ethic
- Experience in working in a team environment
- Exceptional customer service focus at all times
- Proven time management and organizational skills
- Sound communication skills
- Tertiary Brewing Qualifications desired
- Previous experience in brewing and packaging desired
- High Risk work licence (Forklift operation) required or ability to obtain
- Full Driver's Licence required
An attractive salary package (commensurate with experience) will be offered to the successful candidate.
Great team environment!
Company team building events.
We are lucky enough to be a part of one of the greatest industries in the world, all the BentSpoke team love beer, love talking about beer and of course love tasting beer.
BentSpoke Brewing Co. is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees.
Kindly submit all applications through the Seek portal, applications close Friday 15th November 2019.