Full time position with generous remuneration, Opportunity for growth within the role, Excellent work environment.
We are a multi-state manufacturer of ready to eat food products including Sandwiches, Wraps, Rolls and Salads. The position is a full-time role based in our Victorian (Derrimut) facility.
Reporting to the Quality Manager, this role is crucial in ensuring that our site meets both the companys Food Safety and Quality Standards and Objectives, and our customer expectations.
As the central Quality contact on site, you will represent the site in all quality matters with customers, suppliers and auditors.
Key responsibilities include but not restricted to:
- Accountable for daily onsite quality control, documentation and processes, including document control of completed records, collation and filing
- Hands on involvement with Production staff and processes, ensuring compliance with our National Food Safety & Quality System
- Implementing and managing changes to the National Food Safety & Quality System on the site
- Investigation and reporting on all site-based non-conformances raised
- Monitoring raw materials, packaging & finished product quality, reporting non-conformance and implementing corrective actions
- Conduct pre-operational checks, including swabbing, directing corrective actions where required
- Sampling raw materials, finished products and swabbing equipment for micro analysis
- Conduct internal calibration of monitoring equipment according to the site schedule
- Conducting internal audits and participating in third party accreditation audits
- Deliver staff training relating to food safety & quality processing
- Deliver staff induction
- Participate in HACCP reviews and implementation of changes to the program
- Analyse and recommend improvements to work procedures
- SQF Site Practitioner
To be considered for this role you will have a tertiary qualification in the area of
Food Science or related fields in addition to the following:
- Strong Quality Assurance background in food manufacturing (4-5 years)
- Experience with RTE food
- Experience with GFSI Standards (SQF preferable) and customer specific Standards
- Current HACCP qualification
- Strong microbiological knowledge
- Ability to multi-task and work autonomously
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-motivated individual with a focus on quality and attention to detail.
- Must be an Australian Permanent Resident or Australian Citizen
by 22 November 2019
Science & Technology