Based in the Brisbane CBD, 12-month fixed term, full time opportunities., Receive ongoing support and development..
Queensland Rail (QR) is an integrated customer and rail infrastructure business servicing the passenger, tourism, resources and freight customer markets throughout Queensland. The organisation aims to be the safest, best performing and most customer focused railway in Australia.
The Queensland Rail Travel Customer Contact Centre is seeking multiple Sales Consultants who have a passion for customer service and a genuine interest in helping people to join their team based in their Brisbane CBD inbound Contact Centre. The roles are 12-month fixed term, full time opportunities.
As a Sales Consultant you will be responsible for providing a complete reservation, ticketing and information service involving all facets of Australian rail and third-party travel. You will be a quick thinker, a dedicated and flexible team player who adapts well to change and you will have had previous experience working in a Contact Centre or Travel Centre environment.
About the role:
Sales Consultants provide high quality, friendly & efficient customer service to customers in relation to booking Queensland Rail long distance travel.
The Customer Contact Centre operates 7 days a week from 7am to 7pm & successful applicants would be expected to work various shifts between the hours of 6.50am-7.10pm. The shifts available will be dependent on business needs and may vary from week to week. There is a requirement for some weekend and public holiday work also.
- Provide high quality customer service through the provision of:
- Informative and accurate advice to customers on rail and third-party products;
- Correct allocation of reservations for all Queensland Rail Travel rail services and third-party services;
- Correct and efficient ticketing of rail and third-party reservations on behalf of Direct Customers, Travel Agents and stations;
- Accurate and timely telephone acceptance of credit card reservations and on forwarding of tickets and itineraries to clients.
- Up-selling and on-selling Queensland Rail and third-party travel products and developing return business. This includes developing and processing customer holiday itineraries embracing rail, coach and air travel, accommodation and package tours.
- Comply with policies and regulations regarding Queensland Rail Travel Customer Contract Centre Operations.
To be considered for the role you must:
- Have a passion for customer service and a genuine interest in helping people
- Be a quick thinker, with the ability to work through problems and provide solutions
- Be a dedicated and flexible team player and adapt well to change in the workplace
- Be experienced with working in a Contact Centre environment, with proven experience in achieving productivity targets and meeting quality assurance expectations
- Intermediate computer and Microsoft Office skills
Please note that successful candidates will be required to complete four weeks of training from 8.30am to 4.45pm, Monday to Friday upon commencement. They will also receive ongoing support and development.
This is a fixed-term opportunity with the starting salary approximately $65,964 + penalty rates + super + free rail to and from work on duty days.
External applicants applying for roles within Queensland Rail will be subject to Alcohol and other Drugs pre-employment testing. Successful applicants will also be required to obtain a current National Criminal History Check at their own cost if they don’t currently hold one.
Please submit a resume and covering letter outlining relevant experience by 9am on 8th November 2019. Please do not email your application; we can only accept applications received via our website.
Queensland Rail is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from non-English speaking backgrounds to apply for this position.