2/2 roster FIFO from Brisbane OR Townsville, International Underground Mining Company, Permanent Wages Positions | Super on ALL hours worked at 10.25%.
Barminco is part of the Perenti Group, an ASX 200 company and Australia's second largest integrated mining services provider. We are a global leader in hard rock underground mining; together with African Underground Mining Services (AUMS) we operate in Australia, India and across Africa in Egypt, Ghana, Tanzania and Burkina Faso. New projects will see Barminco and AUMS grow to 3,700 employees in 2019.
Our values of Safety, Integrity and Excellence are the cornerstone of everything we do. Our purpose is to create value for mine owners and we are absolutely focused on delivering for our customers. Our vision is to be the world's leading hard rock underground mining services provider.
Our capability is critical to our success - we are looking for people who are talented, share our core values and are as committed to creating value for our clients as we are.
At Barminco, we are committed to fostering a culture that understands and values inclusion and diversity. Our goal is to improve Barminco's gender and indigenous diversity across our Australian and International Operations.
In line with Barminco's forecasted growth, we are seeking applications from experienced Under Ground HD Fitters for various Barminco sites in regional Northern Queensland.
Reporting to the Maintenance Foreman you will be required to attend breakdowns and first response problem solving in the field & Underground along with scheduled maintenance.
These positions are FIFO from Brisbane & Townsville on a 2/2 Family Friendly Roster
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Diagnostic fault finding on mechanical and electrical systems
- Breakdown repairs and servicing of heavy mining equipment
- Ensure a safe workplace through daily inspections for hazards
- Diagnose faults and recommend repairs / improvements
- Perform maintenance according company standards and work instructions
- Maintain critical maintenance data on a daily basis
- Be proactive in all preventative maintenance procedures to ensure quality repairs are maintained
- Extensive experience working on underground earthmoving machinery including makes such as CAT and Sandvik
- Australian Recognised Heavy Duty Mechanical Trade Certificate
- Ability to FIFO from Perth
- C' Class Drivers Licence.
- Ability to work autonomously
- Demonstrated abilities to work within a team environment
- Previous experience working within the mining industry
- Commitment to safety.
Your proactive attitude to safety, diligent approach and strong work ethic, will see you become a highly valued member of the Barminco Operations Team, where you will work alongside experienced industry professionals in a safe, dynamic and outcome focused environment.
Barminco welcomes and encourages both males and females who possess the outlined skills, experience and ambition, as well as the required resilience to work at a remote FIFO operation, to apply.
A full pre-employment medical is required, including a drug and alcohol screen and site specific clearances. A National Police Clearance and any necessary tickets or qualifications are required to be presented at time of interview.
Only applications with a current Resume attached will be considered for employment.