Ballarat Community FM Radio Co-operative Limited (99.9 Voice FM) is seeking an experienced manager to run our community station on Permanent Part Time basis.
Voice FM requires the services of a proactive, passionate and energetic Station Manager to be an integral conduit between the board, our volunteers (including section leaders of the operations group and support teams, community stakeholders, customers and will contribute the next stage of our growth/reinvigoration. Fundraising especially sponsorship is a vital part of this role.
There are exciting times ahead for Voice FM
99.9 VOICE FM, Ballarats community radio station, is embarking on an ambitious program of renewal and upgrade for the station with its the relocation of its operations to Barkly Square (the former Ballarat Girls School in Barkly Street, Ballarat East).
For 33 years, 99.9 Voice FM has operated as a not-for-profit, volunteer-based community radio station.
Following a recent strategic review, the relocation gives the Voice team more space, better facilities, extra studios and appropriate disability access, all of which complement Voice FMs drive to further enhance and broaden its program diversity and community engagement.
Voice FM is by, for, and about the Ballarat community where you live and work. Its aim is to provide specialised broadcasting for audiences not serviced, targeted or satisfied by commercial radio and public broadcasters.
- Undertake duties and functions associated with the development, sustainability and statutory obligations of community radio station 99.9 Voice FM.
- Be proactive in gaining funding and sponsorship for the stations sustainable future.
- Devise, co-ordinate and develop programs of activities to attain the stations objectives and to raise its internal and external profile.
- Play a major role in the formulation of policies for the development and operation of the station.
- Establish, maintain, co-ordinate and develop links and services between the station and relevant community groups.
- Co-ordinate marketing and promotion of the stations activities to existing and potential clients (in liaison with sales/marketing).
- Create cross promotional and join venture opportunities with other community organisations and local businesses
- Represent Voice FM at networking events
- Perform business development tasks including growing subscribers and sponsors
- Initiate, maintain and co-ordinate contacts with existing and potential users of the stations facilities and to develop specific station initiatives in the areas of training, broadcast technology, and statutory requirements.
- Encourage a positive and energetic work environment.
- Oversee the day to day administration of the station through all departments. Manage applications for grants and control of the stations budget.
- Report on significant sector trends.
Previous experience, attributes and skills required;
- Management experience
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- High motivation
- An ability to be part of a team
- Good organisational skills
- Knowledge and practice of Equal Opportunity principles
- Abide by the rights and responsibilities of a volunteer
- Possession of tertiary qualifications or extensive experience in a related field
- Ability to report on key areas of accountability
- A background within the broadcast industry
- Experience of programming and formats, budget planning, marketing, promotions, fundraising and technical matters
- Demonstrated ability in resource coordination
- Experience in the preparation and implementation of training programs
- A commitment to the ideals of community broadcasting
The team at Voice FM is planning to ensure that the station operates on a more professional footing, which is part of our renewal and reinvigoration program that will enhance the stations look, feel and reputation.
This transformation of the station will be a source of great pride to our volunteer team and to the community we proudly serve.
Applications close Friday 15th November 2019.
At Voice FM, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background.