Permanent Full-Time, $110,937.87 - $125,633.27 per annum plus 9.5% superannuation, Regular RDO available.
Coordinator Asset Management and GIS
Reference number: 12924
Position number: 2461
Closing date: 11:45pm, Sunday 17 November 2019
- Permanent Full-Time
- Classified as a Band 8
- $110,937.87 - $125,633.27 per annum plus 9.5% superannuation
- Regular RDO available
Moonee Valley City Council is a vibrant and diverse municipality. We are a local government within the north-west metropolitan area of Melbourne, providing a range of services to some 118,000 residents and over 10,000 businesses.
Moonee Valley City Council is in an exciting and challenging period of change as we work together to structure our asset processes, systems and delivery outcomes around best practice industry drivers.
To achieve these goals, we are searching for an experienced and motivated leader to drive our asset planning and GIS team. This includes improvement initiatives relating to:
- Asset data;
- Auditing systems;
- Strategic asset plans;
- Operational asset policies and procedures and;
- Implementation of structured centralised asset ownership and direction.
- Success in this position will come from supporting and driving a shift in culture that is centred on an urgency to action and commitment to deliver against our vision for the City of Moonee Valley.
- This will be evident through the robust networks and meaningful relationships you build across the organisation, as you support the implementation of effective systems, plans and processes in support of quality asset maintenance, planned renewal and new capital outcomes.
This is a great career progression opportunity for a strong leader who is prepared to continue to grow and learn while ensuring structured meaningful change and improvement in the broader asset management space. Moonee Valley City Council is investing heavily in the future and this is your opportunity to help shape and maximise value from this investment!
This position would suit a strong leader with technical experience and exposure to current asset management trends while being cognisant of the need to actively engage, support and manage people through the change journey. You will be known and respected for your strong communication and engagement skills.
You will also possess the following skills:
- Extensive experience in leading a team in a dynamic and challenging environment;
- Demonstrated experience in motivating and developing a team to achieve objectives;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to engage all levels of internal and external stakeholders;
- Experience working cohesively with stakeholders and representatives of various community and government agencies;
- Relevant experience in embedding sound asset management and GIS principles and practices and in the implementation of systems and processes to ensure long term sustainability;
- Experience and knowledge of infrastructure asset management including the development and implementation of asset management frameworks, policies and plans; and
- Strong project management, planning and organisational skills.
Talk to us today about how you can make a difference and drive a thriving city to deliver strongly in support of a growing evolving community.
If this sounds like an exciting career challenge that aligns with your personal goals and expertise, we want to hear from you!
Our Culture of Inclusion
If you are interested in the role but feel you may not meet the full range of selection criteria, we encourage you to contact us to discuss your experience and application for this position.
We don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our services and our community. With a focus on inclusion, accessibility and flexibility, we'll support you at every stage of your career. We recognise the importance of balance and embrace work agility, understanding that this means different things to each and every one of our employees.
Moonee Valley City Council is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Child Safe employer and we value diversity and encourage people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds, people of any age or gender, people identifying as lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans and gender diverse, intersex and/or queer (LGBTIQA+) and people with disability.
Applications Close: 17/11/2019