Are you looking for a new career, Are you a resilient and motivated individual, Want a meaningful job caring for vulnerable children and youth.
Premier Youthworks provides Residential Careout of home care and support services for children and young people with complex needs arising from a history of childhood abuse and neglect. We focus on being a client centred, people focused organisation.
The children and young people in our care are in homes managed by our service and require round the clock support and mentoring. Making a difference in the lives of some of our most vulnerable children and young people in our community is what we do.
Being a Residential Care Workercarer is something uniquely different with no two days or client the same. We offer a great rotating roster, with a 4 on / 4 off structure for full time. We also have permanent part time and casual opportunities available.
You would be part of ourOur Care team, assisting with creating a unique, family home setting, which will allowallowing Children and Young People to grow in a safe, caring and nurturing environment.
Your role will is to help support the development of each young person and the running of the household by performing duties such as (but not limited to):
- Provide personal care and support which will include daily living skills and routines.
- Supporting positive behaviour and activities, whilst discouraging antisocial behaviour.
- Completing daily administration activities such as report writing, shift notes, incident reports and liaising with case managers to execute case plans.
- Most importantly, be a positive role model and mentor
But overall you will be a positive role model and mentor to the children and young people at Premier.
What we are looking for
To be successful in the role you will need to have:You must have:
- Current First Aid certificate (HLTAID003 or equivalent)
- Valid Current Driver's Licence and Driving History Report
- Current National Australian Federal Police (AFP) Check
- Valid Working with Childrens Check for Paid Employment
- Ability to pass a drug and alcohol test
- Ability to handle challenging behaviours and situations.
We provide training and full induction onboarding program to prepare you with the skills and knowledge to make a real difference. If you have the right behaviours and attitude, we can help you with the rest.
What we can offer you
As well as the opportunity to be part of a dedicated team, truly making a difference and impact on the lives of Young People our offer is attractive including:
- A great platform for a career change; we train you in the role
- Use of a company motor vehicle during work hours
- Shift support of a Team Manager including 24/7 on call
- Shift work, including night and weekend work with relevant penalty rates
If you are interested in joining the Premier Youthworks team click 'Apply for this job' below. Please ensure you include a cover letter and an updated resume.