Executive Assistant - PA to the Principal
About the School
Emmanuel Christian Community School is a Kindergarten to Year 11 School, proceeding to Year 12 in 2020 with a student population of approximately 700 students. The school is currently in a growth and development phase, with increased student enrolments and an exciting building program in progress. Emmanuel Christian Community School is a safe, supportive environment committed to providing quality educational opportunities for students within a collaborative, caring community.
The successful applicant will be committed to actively supporting the Christian mission of Emmanuel Christian Community School and will possess genuine warmth and empathy for children, with a deep commitment to providing the highest level of service to students, staff and families. The Executive Assistant to the Principal will be consistently approachable and able to manage challenging situations with composure and diplomacy, while maintaining positive relationships with colleagues.
The successful applicant will have the following attributes:
- A practising Christian with the passion to uphold the Schools strong Christian culture.
- Exceptional organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise and manage responsibilities effectively.
- Ability to work collaboratively, cooperatively and confidentially in a team environment and consultative framework.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a commitment to excellent customer service and professional standards.
- Ability to use initiative and work within the Schools corporate standards.
- Experience and expertise with the Microsoft Office suite, School Pro School Management System, SEQTA School Management System, or be capable of training in this capacity.
- Prior experience in a similar role is desirable.
- Ability to provide a current Pastor/Ministers reference is desirable.
Duties and responsibilities
The Executive Assistant will report directly to the Principal and is responsible to the Principal for day-to-day School operations. The Executive Assistant will be required to attend to a variety of duties, including:
1. Administrative duties
- Preparation and presentation of the Principals outward correspondence.
- Receipt, checking and filing of the Principals correspondence.
- Receipt and maintenance of the Principals appointment times.
- Maintenance of student confidential records, including student files and correspondence.
- Maintenance of parent/student records and associated correspondence; maintaining confidential correspondence as required.
- Responsible for preparing formal invitations, RSVPs, liaising with caterers, co-ordinate catering, assist with set up at functions, co-ordinate, set up/clear luncheon of invited guests.
- Prepare and print programs for various activities and events as required. Eg. Inductions, Special Events, Opening Ceremonies, various invitations, and preparation and printing of letters of support.
- Minute Secretary to the Principal and Deputies meetings and other meetings as required by Principal.
- Responsible for information to Parents, staff, students sent out via email on behalf of the Principal and co-ordination of responses.
- Assist the Principal with the preparation of Board reports or any other reports as required by the Principal.
- Work closely with the Enrolment Registrar to ensure accurate student information is stored on School Pro and SEQTA School Management Systems.
- Assist with preparation, printing and mailing student reports, letters and other forms of correspondence.
- Prepare and securely store confidential correspondence and information.
- Prepare any regular communication to parents as required.
- Regularly prepare and distribute relevant information to staff.
- Schedule meetings, prepare agendas and meeting minutes and schedule bookings as required.
- Edit letters and correspondence for bulk mail outs in coordination with the Office Manager.
- Photocopying, faxing, filing and general office duties.
- Work collaboratively with other Executive Assistants, such as the Officer Manager and Enrolments Officer, to accomplish School outcomes.
- Prepare and/or edit reports, letters, documents, presentations, information for use by the Senior Leadership Team, Business Manager, Board or Church Council.
- Work together with Senior Leadership to ensure the College Calendar is up-to-date with School events and activities.
- Work with Senior Leadership to ensure that all School practices and procedures comply with legal, legislative and procedural requirements.
- Assist the School Principal to research and prepare submissions for grants as necessary.
- Assist the School Principal to stay abreast of curriculum requirements as outlined in NQS and assist with the annual Principals Audit of the QIP as part of EYLF.
- Liaise with the School Principal and the Enrolments Officer, regarding current and prospective enrolments to help produce enrolment reports.
- Assist the School Principal with Information Evenings, Orientation events, and any other presentation evenings or school activities.
- Assist the School Principal with the process of interviewing for staff employment.
- Assist the School Principal to promote and coordinate displays, performances and activities that enable parents to play an active role in the School.
- Assist the School Principal and liaise with the Schools marketing agency to promote and market the School as a whole.
- Assist the School Principal to liaise with the Emmanuel Parent Group (EPG).
- Assist the School Principal to research, evaluate and plan for the implementation of extra year levels or other projects, to enhance the growth and development of the High School.
When required, assist the Secondary Administration Officers to attend to incoming enquiries from parents, students and the public whether in person, by telephone or email.
3. First Aid
Perform the following duties to assist the front office when necessary: (Training can be provided for applicants without previous experience)
- Assist in administering basic first aid to students and manage the First Aid Room when necessary.
- Notify the Principal and Deputies of any serious incidents, accidents or injuries.
4. School environment
- Work with relevant staff to help maintain buildings and grounds in good order.
- Work with relevant staff to maintain a safe environment for staff, students, parents and visitors.
5. Other duties
- Liaise on behalf of the Principal with Federal, State and Local authorities as necessary.
- Liaise on behalf of the Principal with associated bodies such as, AISWA and CSA.
- Other duties as requested by the Principal.
This position is fulltime 1.0FTE (negotiable), with four weeks paid annual leave and one week paid leave during each school term break. The four weeks annual leave is to be over the Christmas/New Year break period.
The hours of work will be Monday to Friday, from 8:00am to 4:00pm, including a 30-minute lunch break. Any after-hours commitments to school events are as negotiated with the Principal. Attendance at School Graduation and Presentation and other main events is expected.
Conditions will be as per the Educational Services (Schools) General Staff Award 2010.
Applications close on Sunday, the 1st of December 2019.