About the City
City of Greater Geelong is Victoria’s largest regional municipality providing services to a growing population of 244,000 residents across 1247km2 comprised of urban, suburban, rural and coastal environments located 75km from Melbourne. The spectacular beauty of the natural environment and the creative design and historical significance of its built environment make the municipality a major tourism magnet for local and international visitors.
Our people take pride in their work and are committed to making a positive impact in the lives of residents of the Geelong region. Employees are provided with engaging and rewarding work and a culture of respect and collaboration. On offer are professional development opportunities, flexible working arrangements, parental leave – 14 weeks paid leave, health & wellbeing program, discounted gym memberships at council facilities and the opportunity to be part of a dedicated and professional team, working together for the community.
About the Strategy Engagement & Performance Department
This department is part of our Governance, Strategy & Performance Division, and is responsible for the development of corporate strategy and strategic documents, service planning and program management across the organisation.
About the Role
This role will contribute to the development of strategy and engagement across the organisation. The Officer will assist with the implementation of corporate strategy and ensure resources are effectively aligned. This will require engagement with both external and internal relations through effective communication.
Some of the key responsibilities in this role, will include:
- Design and facilitate best practice engagement and strategy development.
- Oversee and implement organisational engagement and strategic projects.
- Provide specialist advice and support to the Coordinator Strategy and Engagement in relation to the development and analysis of engagement data.
- Develop networks and partnerships internally and provide project and ad-hoc support as required to other key stakeholders of the Geelong Community.
- Facilitate informed strategic discussion, planning and decision making.
- Provide and/or coordinate engagement training for staff.
To be successful in this role, you will require:
- Tertiary qualification in a business, strategy, project management, engagement or related discipline.
- Working with Children check.
- Knowledge of and, demonstrated ability to use, community engagement techniques. with experience in assisting with the development of engagement plans and strategic documents.
- Ability to lead, facilitate and coordinate groups, with interpersonal skills to gain cooperation and assistance from others in a complex administrative and political environment.
- Demonstrated organisational skills to implement projects including the ability to deliver to tight deadlines.
- Experience in data analytics and visualisation of qualitative and quantitative information.
Applications and Enquiries
Click the Position Description link to view more information about this position. Applicants must address the Key Selection Criteria as listed in the position description.
Applications close 5:00pm Friday 18 October 2019.
Click the Apply for this job button to submit your application or find out more about this opportunity.
City of Greater Geelong values equal opportunity, fairness and enjoys a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applications are encouraged from people with a disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, and people of all other cultural backgrounds.